Welcome to BIODESIGN for the REAL WORLD wiki.
BIODESIGN for the REAL WORLD is a transdisciplinary and collaborative research project addressing water quality with partners in Switzerland, (Art)ScienceBLR in India, and Lifepatch in Indonesia.
BIO-DESIGN for the REAL WORLD explores how biology and biotechnology can be designed within social contexts.
As a powerful technological medium after industrial and digital revolutions, implementation and design solutions for biology and biotechnology must reflect a diversity of voices to be meaningful in society, not only to be guided by concerns of a few.
We are interested in
- Real world problems
- Horizontal exchange
- Open and transdisciplinary approach
- Real world problems
Read more about our interests, funding, press in About
BIODESIGN for the REAL WORLD is an open collaborative project - we welcome you to join us.
You can find a list of All ongoing projects
Or you can take a look by category:
Bioreporter Detection of Heavy Metals
- Arsenic Prototype 4.0: Documentation of the fluorescence and absorption measurement device to use with the bacterial bioreporters. Or, check out the entire Chronology of the prototypes.
- Mediated Landscapes and Mercury bioreporters with Vanessa Lorenzo Toquero
- Water Sampling protocols
- Fixed Sensor A fixed water quality sensing station sending reports continuously.
- Swamp Song Machine collaboration of Earth Co.Lab with (Art)ScienceBLR and The Indian Sonic Research Organization.
Biodiversity as Measure of Health
Lifepatch's interdisciplinary collaborative project among communities in Yogyakarta. This project has activities to discover the watersheds, especially in urban areas in Yogyakarta.
For English, click on the menu on the right, or try this link.
They have focused on coliform bacteria testing and mapping.
Our Events center around
- Workshops - sharing our hardware prototypes, and wetlab know-how
- Meet-ups where we also develop our projects together with collaborators
- Water collection Trips
If you would like to propose an event, please use the template here.
- 11am 2017 May 25th Thursday on the Clarens Beach, 1815 Clarens, VD, CH
Past events are listed by chronological and alphabetical order.