Welcome to BioDesign for the Real-World wiki.
BIODESIGN FOR THE REAL WORLD is an interdisciplinary and collaborative research project addressed to arsenic contamination in water. Here is the wiki page where we share our ideas and our advances on this project.
- 1 About
- 2 Projects
- 2.1 Ongoing
- 2.2 Project Ideas
- 2.3 Active Projects
- 2.3.1 Bioreporter Detection
- 2.3.2 Coliform Detection
- 2.3.3 Tools for Water Analysis
- 2.3.4 Visualizing the State of Our Waters
- 3 Events
- 4 Upcoming Events
- 5 Past Events
- 6 Equipment and Materials
- 7 Other places you can find us
BIODESIGN for the REAL WORLD is an open collaborative project - we welcome your contributions.
To start a project or to note down an idea, please use this Project Template
To find projects that are looking for collaborators, see the Help Wanted page.
Here, you will find an alphabetized project list of on-going projects.
Please park any ideas, brainstorming results here.
Tools for Water Analysis
Visualizing the State of Our Waters
Lifepatch's interdisciplinary collaborative project among communities in Yogyakarta. This project has activities to discover the watersheds, especially in urban areas in Yogyakarta.
For English, click on the menu on the right, or try this link.
If you would like to propose an event, please use the template here.
20160131-20160206 Winter School
- Together with the BRAAVOO project and Envirobot, biodesign for the real world will run a winter school from 31 January - 6 February 2016.
- Participants will build a bioreporter (molecular biology) and a DIY fluorescence detector. There will be evening lectures, and a special visit to the Hackuarium, the local biohackerspace.
Water Collection Field Trips
- Water collection trip with the prototype in a lake draining a former arsenic mine in Valais/Wallis, Switzerland
- Big water collection effort by (art)ScienceBLR in Bangalore, India
Equipment and Materials
Other places you can find us
- Biodesign.cc - This is a chronological blog format of our activities
- Biodesign for the Real World GitHub
- EPFL page - This is the EPFL project page for Biodesign for the Real World.
- lifepatch.org - Lifepatch is a citizens initiative in art, science, and technology based in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. They are one of the three partners of the Biodesign for the Real World project.
- The Jogjya River Project - This is the project page in English, of Lifepatch's Jogjya River Project.
- (art)scienceBLR is based in Bangalore, India and is one of the three partners of the Biodesign for the Real World project.
- Hackteria - We are part of the greater hackteria network. Hackteria is a webplatform and collection of Open Source Biological Art Projects, as well as an loosely knit globally active network of practitioners who collaborate and contribute to the hackteria projects.
- Hackuarium - A biohacker space in Renens, Switzerland, where we are part of the community in the Lausanne and surrounding area.
Our Links - Slides - Videos
- Collection of links on biodesign delicious
- Our presentations on Slideshare
- Biodesign videos on vimeo, (art)sciencBLR’s videos on youtube
- (art)scienceBLR videos are here and here
- in vivo magazine article 12.2015